want to go look if blogger takes down blogs after so much inactivity. Apparently not.
Tonight is a very different night. First, all kids and one husband were asleep by 8pm! It was so nice to eat a huge cupcake in the thinking chair without anyone asking me for a bite. Secondly, doing the dishes without the phone ringing even once was heaven.
Seriously, I think the anticipation for tomorrow morning is greater than any Christmas or Birthday morning has ever been. I think the dreams in the minds of my babies are sweet and spectacular. For me, I realize that there will never be another First Day of School like the one about to unfold in less that 14 hours. Tonight as I fall asleep, I am reminded that when I wake, tomorrow will be a totally new era in our lives.
Funny, somehow I look at SBB and think there is no way he can be big enough to be going to Kindergarden. I pack his lunch fearing that I can not send him with this or that because he can't open it by himself, or who will put the straw in his juice box because he can not quite push it in the right spot just yet. I never remember feeling like that with The Third. I realize that both are and were ready, but somehow for him, it is different.
And for The Third, so strong and confident, tomorrow marks another big step. It seems to her that 2nd grade is a little more grown up than first. When I look at those first graders in her room, I think she looks so mature, so much older, so much wiser. She is excited to sit next to a first grader and show her how to do everything, and I am sure she will.
So something tonight made me go in an extra time and kiss them both, one more time, just to remember the times we have had in this era that is about to end.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment