Sunday, September 14, 2008

It is all in how you look at things..



Honestly, it has taken me a few days to get to this point, all right, maybe a week if you are really counting, but it is just a matter of how you keep things in perspective. First, we found the leak before it got any worse. Secondly, we found good people to make the repairs. Finally, it is all a plan, I am not sure what I am supposed to learn from this or how this will make me a stronger person, but it is a plan. Maybe it is that now I know what EVERYONE is getting from us for Christmas-a water alarm! I need to focus on the bright side which is that we are going to make some exciting improvements to the heart of our home. Someday if we decide to sell we can boast of an updated kitchen with state of the art amenities vs. a dated kitchen that might hold us back from commanding top dollar. I had to get over the fact that I did not have a new kitchen mapped out in my head down to every last detail and focus on the challenges this project will bring. After all, who would not want to move onto the next phase which is planning the "Kitchen Warming" party when it is all finished!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I need to look into a water alarm! Never even knew one existed!

I am sure there will be parts of this you will enjoy - especially, the end! While the way you ended up here is surely stressful, I would love to do what you are doing and will live vicariously through you! The things you can do with kitchens these days! Keep us posted!