
So I am sitting here surrounded by construction estimates, remodeling magazines and a kitchen in disarray trying to calculate our next move. Demolition needs to start right away and regardless of the path we take, these damaged cabinets and sheet rock have to come out. The real question is do we remodel the entire kitchen or just do what needs to be done to get us past this small obstacle. So far the outlook is not good that this will be a little project. Contractor thinks that the counter top is going to break upon removal and need to be re fabricated and that the wallpaper against the back splash is for sure doomed. Of course our house is 10 years old so trying to match what we have and what has 10 years of use on it is next to impossible. Realistically I think we are looking at several weeks without a functioning kitchen because after all, the sink is attached to the counter top that is going to have to be removed. We are not the "take out" kind of family so this will be an adjustment. I was trying to figure out how I could cook all weekend and freeze dinners in disposable pans so that we could at least eat somewhat healthy a few times during the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment