Monday, September 15, 2008

So Mom, what's for dinner


So as you can see from the photo, the kitchen is now mold free! The actual damage was worse than what we had hoped for but the countertop survived the removal. The funniest part of the day came from SBB and his reaction to the change. He wanted to know why our stove was in the family room and the sink was by the fireplace, after all he said, "Those things are supposed to be in our kitchen!" Yes son, you are right. The fun is just beginning as tomorrow we meet with the contractor and I found a wonderful kitchen designer to help map out the new floorplan. We are just trying to figure out if there are some parts of the project we can do ourselves vs. having someone else complete the work. We realize time is important as just tonight I found myself headed to the kitchen sink three different times. I am sure I will get used to washing dishes in the garage sink soon enough.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Well, I can tell you that The Third thinks it is pretty cool that you are doing dishes in the garage sink!